the laziest reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

<oh too lazy>

since you didn't start, I will.
Brian Kuebler, WREG, MEMPHIS.

TightShot

answering yourself??? Naming names could be construed as slander by reporters with nothing better to do than argue the fact.

bassetf5

In nine years as a local government PIO (after 19 as a reporter & photog), I got used to reporters showing me newspaper stories and demanding that I arrange soundbites with the exact same people who were in the paper, whether they knew what they were talking about or not... but the number one prizewinner was a reporter (won't mention his name or market here) who showed up at a scene with obviously no idea in hell what was going on and no desire to get one.

we've all seen that, but when I asked this guy if he'd even read the clips the desk had given him... his response was "no, because I want to keep an open mind."

FastFord

Well,,,, I have often been asked that very same question... Along with who's the bigest idiot, and who's the best/smartest....
To which I often reply, "There's one in every crowd. And after over 9 years, with a totaly new reporter staff on almost an anual basis, it's hard to single out one of them."

On a side note, I often find when this topic comes up, and you don't know who it is, it's probly you!

D.St.

I once worked with a reporter (not at my current shop) who cared only for doing features and anchoring. Anything else, he put forth the least amount of effort possible.

This reporter was assigned to work Christmas Day, as he had the past few years. His assignment was the typical "people working on Christmas" story. But instead of going out and shooting the story, he got his story from the previous year, shot a new standup with our new mic flag (station had just changed logos), and put it on the air!!

The worst thing about it was that he never got caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.