Need some advise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

<McShakes>

The station i am at right now has promised somethings that in my mind will never happen.

I do like the shop and most of the guys here are great. I have learned so much.

What i am wondering is where would the most logical next step be for someone like me???

I am in a mid 60's market with about 4 years exp.

I want to go somewhere i could learn and grow as a photographer.

I know i am a solid shooter not the greatest but i am solid...i can send a tape to who ever would like to see...but i do have areas that i would eventually like to end up but they are in larger markets?? any help??

T

<Tampaphotog>

I know Bay News 9 in the Tampa market is hiring, They took me on when I only had 2 years exp. from a 146 market. It is a good place to get a jump into a bigger market and grow as a photog. I know I have grown much since arriving in Tampa. Go to www.baynews9.com

Salty Dog

I too worked at a station that promised a promotion that never came, so I moved to a better station.

I say, set your sights to the town/environment you would like to work in, then if you're at that market level of photog-ability, send out your tapes until someone calls and gives you feedback. If you're not at the right level yet, go somewhere that will challenge you and strengthen your ability. If that's not your current market, then it could mean a smaller market where you might be able to spend more time on stories and have more responsibility.

Good luck.

addixicon

Why dont you call out your station on their promises, to see if you need to make the move? What type of promises are they making? More money? better shifts? better gear? Some of those things ake some time to push through the system. Things like shifts...you might just have to wait out the next exit. Why dont you think they'll hold to them? Is there someone in management that can give you an inside skinny. Many bizarre things happen behind Oz's curtain. You never know, they may have the best intentions for you...or they may be blowing smoke. Good luck. I think theres some openings in Richmond VA at WWBT 12, they pay well and good folks over there. Not much of a market jump though.

2000lux

Check out the listing on the B-roll job listing for WTIC here in Hartford CT.

[ January 26, 2005, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: 2000lux ]

FTOJRLST

There is a slot open at my shop too. The chief told me to be on the lookout for candidate. Send a tape our way!!!

Anton Saur

Originally posted by FTOJRLST:
There is a slot open at my shop too. The chief told me to be on the lookout for candidate. Send a tape our way!!!
I agree with FTOJRLST. It is definatly a place to learn, and a good atmosphere for a photog. If you have any questions about the place feel free to e-mail me: cameracowboy@gmail.com

L

<Lucky Bastards>

Originally posted by Anton Saur:
quote: Originally posted by FTOJRLST:
I agree with FTOJRLST. It is definatly a place to learn, and a good atmosphere for a photog. If you have any questions about the place feel free to e-mail me: cameracowboy@gmail.com
Yeah & the lucky bastards shoot on XDCAM!!!

shoot da parrot

I was at a station that promised a promotion for a long time...I finally got it but I had to get an offer from somewhere else for them to take me seriously...this is risky and you better be ready to move on if it dosen't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.